Worklio is a tech start-up that provides cloud-based human resources software to Small and mid-sized businesses. Our online platform automates HR processes (such as employee onboarding, attendance, vacation tracking, etc.), eliminates 100% of the paperwork, and empowers business owners to manage their workforce more efficiently.
To keep it simple...as a Sales Development Representative you are the first point of contact in the sales cycle. You will be making outbound calls and emails to prospective customers with the goal of setting qualified appointments for our Account Executives.
- Identify, contact, and qualify prospects that would be a good fit for our software.
- High-volume cold calling and emailing in order to access decision makers.
- Set appointments for Account Executives to conduct demonstrations of our software and close new business.
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques in order to be promoted to Account Executive.
Successful candidate profile:
We'll save you from the usual and generic "must be a self-starter" or "ability to work in a fast-paced team environment”.
To succeed in this role, you must have four key attributes:
- Thick skin. You must be able to brush off rejection and move onto the next opportunity.
- The ability to adapt to rapid change. Systems, processes, strategies, etc. are constantly changing as the company grows. You must have the ability to accept change and move forward while keeping a positive attitude.
- Absolute determination. You don't have to be the most socially outgoing person or have an aggressive personality to excel in sales. Sure, those can be great qualities, but what matters most is having the ability to earn someone's trust through value-based consulting.
- Written communication skills. The digital age is forcing sales professionals to be more than just a smooth talker. While most of your time will be spent on the phone, having the ability to write effective emails is crucial to this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree (business or related fields preferred)
- Prior sales experience is preferred but not required
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive base salary + commission
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company-paid medical benefits